The Web of Life
So one night I had a dream of a spider that started off with a beautiful web but somewhere it just started to mess up. It went from this unique design to a straight up and down web. And God said you need to look up how spiders make their web so that you can understand how they make their web. (Let me just say this dream freaked me out because me and crawling things don’t really get along…. )
This article is saying a few things. It’s saying that spiders start their web with one strong strand. To me this means it has a strong foundation to build from. It also says that where this foundational strand ends or reaches across to is determined by the wind. This strand also marks their territory and the spider would leave this single strand overnight.
- Establish your foundation? John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God and the Word was with God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him and without Him was not anything made
- How do you know what your foundation is?
i. I know we are thinking about life in general but here are a few examples on foundations that we often over look
- Relationships- First impressions say a lot about a person. When you begin your friendships (relationships) do you put God first?
- Work- Are we acting like employees that no one even knows you are a Christian? Gossiping, complaining, etc.
- Health- Its summer time so everyone is trying to get fit. What are your eating habits? Are you working out? Did you actually do research or seek help to know exactly what and how to become a healthier person and remain healthy.
You have to ask yourself…. What are the foundations in my life? A spider has different types of web that they use for different things… You can’t use the same praise, same methods (that’s when religion and not faith takes a toll), etc when trying to establish a foundation in your life. Seek ye FIRST the Kingdom. This means your foundation in every part of life is found in His kingdom. Have you started something or entered into a situation in which you did not seek His kingdom?
- Are you willing to start over? 2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has past away behold the new has come. When a spider’s first web doesn’t land where it needs, the spider then gobbles back up the web and tries again.
i. What does it mean to start over?
ii. How can we start over in Christ when the foundations have already been set with people?
Don’t be afraid to go back to that place of shame or hurt. Whatever it may be sometimes we really have to start over in that area so that God can handle it the way it was supposed to be handled in the first place. This area could be one in which we created chaos or one where we were abused by others, either way trust that God has a plan if you give it back to Him.
Even though the spider has 8 eyes it has poor eye sight and lives based on the vibration of its web. Makes me think about us as Christians… We are truly blind to what God is doing in our lives. We can see a little but not the entire thing and we have to go by the vibrations of the Holy Spirit.
- Did you let the wind of God direct your web?
- Proverbs 29:18- Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. – How many times did we think we saw the bigger picture, but it turned out to be something else ?
- Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Let’s take some time to reflect on our life’s web. When we become saved we often start off with this beautiful design, but somehow (and God is married to the back slider so don’t fret) we lose sight. We forget who we are and what we were doing. The question is are you willing to seek Him to start over? Are you willing to seek Him to start in a new area?….. What areas in life do we need to address so that He is truly covering it? What areas can we confidently say He guided us in designing?